Saturday, January 16, 2010

Student Motivation

When walking down the hall, I hear students being frustrated over going to certain classes. If they are not wanting to go in the beginning, then their motivation is already gone. When I started Globaloria, I thought the motivation would take care of itself. It did in the beginning and has fallen off some as the course becomes more challenging. I really think that when the course started out the boys were more motivated than the girls. I only because say this because the boys play more games than girls. As the girls start working through the course and building blogs and wikis their motivation starts to increase. I am now at the point where some motivation is gone. To regain some student motivation I plan on letting the students replay some of the games. I need help getting back to where we were in the beginning. As for the plans I hope just to continue learning with the students and being a facilitator to them.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, as I notice it with my students, usually feeling overwhelmed and lagging behind contribute to student motivation, and I can certainly see it with some of your students. We need to brainstorm strategies to help these kids out and see where we can find extra time to provide individualized help for them and work through some tutorials together.

    ReplyDelete